The Voucher for Technical Assistance (VTA), allows micro, small and medium-sized enterprises that operate in the productive sectors, to receive vouchers in various denominations to access business support services provided by Appfinity Technologies and other accredited Business Development Organisation (BDOs). Vouchers will have values ranging from $50,000 up to $200,000. The Development Bank of Jamaica (DBJ) is prepared to finance up to 70% of the cost of the service or the value of the voucher, whichever is lower
Entrepreneurs who operate businesses in all the traditional industries as well as those operating in emerging industries qualify for assistance under the programme. Traditional industries are agriculture, agro-processing, tourism, energy, manufacturing, mining, and services while emerging industries include animation and information technology.
Essentially, any entrepreneur who wishes to improve his/her business operations and fit the criteria below, may apply for a voucher online on the DBJ’s website. .
Voucher Approval Process
- Entrepreneurs retrieve application form on voucher website – www.dbjvoucher.com
- Completed form is submitted to email@example.com
- The client receives an automatic email confirming receipt of application.
- The project manager may interview the client, regarding the information in the application.
- Project manager evaluates the applications and either approve or deny the request via email.
- If approved, a voucher is emailed to the client.
- The client redeems the voucher at a BDO of their choice.
MSME Selection Criteria
The project manager will use the following criteria to determine if the applicant is issued with a voucher:
- Entity is registered with the Companies Office of Jamaica and has valid Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC).
- The business entity has not received a voucher within the last 2 years.
- The entrepreneur has demonstrated that the vouchers will have the potential to improve his/her business operations and strategy; for example:
- Assist the recipient entity to grow (increase revenues, allow recipient to access new markets etc.)
- Increase employment
- Increase production and improve the overall efficiency of the organization
- Expand the business operations
Services Offered By Appfinity Technologies
|Service Description|| Cost |
|Website Development (Max 7 Pages)||$150,000|
|Ecommerce Payment Integration||$150,000|
| Ecommerce Platform|
(Website + Ecommerce Payment Integration)
|Software Testing and Documentation|| $1500|
|Customer Engagement Software||$200,000|
Ecommerce Payments Integration – This service includes the integration of NCB, PayPal or other payment gateways into the customer’s pre-existing website.
Ecommerce Platform – This includes a combination of our Website Development and Ecommerce Payments Integration services. The customer is provided with an expansive Web Application equipped with an Online Payment Integration system.
Website Development – This includes the development of an expansive proprietary Web Application, for organizations with the intent of enhancing their online presence, brand awareness and business credibility.
Software Testing and documentation – This service is utilized by clients that have an existing SaaS product or application that need further testing (Penetration Testing) before they deploy and/or launch the application.
Customer Engagement Software – This service falls under our SaaS platform and will provide hardware and software for customers that need to interact with their clients for both feedback and support.